Headphone Wire Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this pair of headphones, Logitech something, which i got for christmas and a VAIO VGN-S, NOw, the headphones worked absolutely perferctly until yesterday when they mysteriously stopped working. After checking the wire of the headphones i noticed a small rip. Does any1 know how i can fix the headphones wire? or are they doomed to go to my trash can?

Define "small rip". Does it create contact between the two wires? If so, cover them up with electrical tape in away that isolates them from eachother and you should be fine.

In general, without having seen the problem, you can almost always repair the cables, but the result might not sound as good as it did before.

If you could post a pic of the rip it'd make it possible for us to tell you what, if anything to do.

well... the rip is in the insulation of the wires. the wires themselves dont seem to be damaged, just the insulation around them is ripped open a bit and the wires are showing.

well if its just the insulation then you can just get some electrical tape and tape it over.. but you say it stoped working? try moving the cable around and see if you can get something out of it.. and if the wires of each different cables are touching, seperate it and put something around it and see if it works after that.,.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back