Heard of Torrents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wussup all. Have any of you used any torrent downloaders liek BitLord or Azerus? Never herad of them? well simply put, they're downloaders like P2P programs but without spyware. You have to download the program itself first (dozens of choices) and then go downoad a torrent and voila! you have yourself a game/movie to play. but for movies to view you have to have a Divx i think and put them on DVD-R movie disks to see them on your DVD player. That is all i know about "Torrenting" so if anyone knows more good or bad let me know.

LMAO howard. Very bitchy of you, if you don't mind my saying - and better still, absolutely right.

dibman said:
well if its piracy i'll stop. but wht about P2P programs? is that piracy eh?

Downloading anything for free, that should be paid for is piracy. Whether that`s from a torrent site, or via a p2p programme.

Piracy is defined as making an unauthorised copy of copyrighted material, beyond the scope of "fair usage". In the computer world, if you're downloading from a server, or a peer, you're still making a copy of it from their machine to yours.

Nfo

this is not a piracy question -but I was wondering what an NFO is and why is it important to uploaders?

an NFO is an iNFOrmation file. It's sometimes used by a tracker to display information about the torrent.

Not all torrenting is illegal

You need to assign the file type to note pad as default program, otherwise
it will open Micrsft system iNFormation.
I'm not sure when but windows kinda HJT.
There are indeed legal and useful uses for torrenting, many software
producers have download sites that use it
to distribute shareware, trial ware & cripple ware as well as
updates and patches. It saves alot of bandwidth having everyone sharing the load.
We should be seeing many new uses soon!
In fact with all the free files and drivers availalible here at TechSpot torrenting
would save alot of bandwidth and $$.
seeders and leechers (peers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back