Status
Not open for further replies.

blue_dragon

ok so i am running an amd xp 3000+ with windows xp service pack 2

i have been having some problems
my pc is idle at 65 C
and my nivida card geforce fx 5200 128mb keeps crashing my pc
i went into safe mode...VERY FEW DRIVERS ARE LOADED
all of a sudden..the idle temp dropped to 35 C!!!
im thinking some hardware is causing the heat.
so i disable the graphics card and the idle temp drops from 65 C to 57C in normal mode!!!
so my graphics does contribute to the heat but not all of it
so now i downclocked my pc from its stock 2.2 ghtz to 1.1ghtz by lowering the fsb to 80mhtz
the idle temp became 40C
ok so its either my mermory that trying to run higher than the stock fsb speed of 166mhtz
or my fsb is overheating
how do u replace a fsb? do u just buy a new mobo?

normal mode

safe mode

what are your system specs? like PSU, mobo, processor (what core), etc.

have you tried using another program to read your temps and whatever. try Everest. get it here

I very much doubt that it is a problem with your fsb. have you got all the latest drivers for your hardware? it could be a problem with your bios version. a friend of mine had high temps (not like 60C but like 50C) he did a bios update and his temps are now in the high 20's... like 28C.
posting your specs will help determine the problem...

let me simplify it...if i run my pc in normal mode.it heats up....then my temps dont drop below 55C
if i run it in safe mode right away..the temps begin to drop...i let the pc cool down in safe down till it reaches an idle temp of 35
so when its cool enough i restart and look at the bios...45C which is good :)

windos xp Sp2
athlon xp 3000+
512 mb pc2700
geforce fx 5200 128mb
sound card
2 drives
120 gb hd
stock psu
asus a78nx-la (stock)

In the Everest main window click on the computer icon in the righthand pane, followed by the sensor icon, also in the righthand pane.

Regards Howard :)

The fact that you get two very different temps, and that everest wont show.. I have a feeling that you have a sensor conflict going on. Check your BIOS temps to get a good reading. And you can not buy a new FSB... it is a speed rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back