Hello 100MHz FSB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclonicblade

Hello I,ve got a P4 2.524 GHz HP with 512 meg ram and a GeForce MX420 (Would ReaLLY like a 7800) But to the point DxDiag says that I've got a 100 FSB and was wondering if maybe my bios is set wrong or if I just got a bum deal if anyone knows what i should set the bios to so to tweek it up that would be nice. I think My FSB should be 533Mhz

THANKS

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

If your cpu runs at an fsb of 533mhz, then you need to set your fsb in bios to 133mhz(533mhz effective).

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

will try to remember how to get in the bios on next reboot chip and MB say 533FSB so am giong to check bios maybe when i flashed it reset

thanks

ok bios says its running @ 533MHz so maybe it's just the program reporting it wrong. any good programs for ReaLLy checking out system info that would see the actual values?

ok have a 533MHz Bus speed rating but the FSB is running @138.8MHz. I assume looking further in it. that is caused by my PC2100 memory chip which as soon as I can afford to replace will be upgraded to somthing a little more faster. Sound right to U?

The system runs at the speed of your slowest componenet.

So getting the fastest RAM you can, will enable the speeds your board can run at.

No Mo

Vigilante said:
CPUZ from www.cpuid.com gives a good acount of that stuff. It's free.

You may also try Everest, or Aida32.

cheers

Just read today (yesterday): Everest Home Edition is no longer free- er- no longer OFFERED. :mad:

ouch, well I never really used Everest anyway, lol.

Aida32 may be better. But alas! There's more!

Apparently the creator of Aida32 has been appointed the project leader of the Everest software!

MONTRÉAL, CANADA (April 19, 2004) -- Lavalys Consulting Group, today officially announced that it has appointed effective January 1, 2004 former AIDA32 project leader, Tamás Miklós to its executive management team. In his new role of CTO and Executive Vice President of Engineering Research and Development, Tamás will head up R&D for Lavalys including the development of its flagship award winning EVEREST, a breakthrough technology that enables the cost-effective delivery of network audit and change management

However, you can still find aida32 for download all over. And I'm sure you can still find the free Everest. If so, I suggest putting them in your permenent tools, because I don't think we'll be getting any new versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back