Hello everyone, I need help with a video card problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrosis

Ok well I have myself here an integrated NVIDIA GeForce 6150LE integrated video card inside of my 2 month old computer. I'm trying to play new games such as Counter-Strike:Source, F.E.A.R., Half-Life 2 and other such games. Now

I play Half-Life 2 on mostly high settings at 1024x768 resolution and it barely lags... thats untill I get into a firefight or something. On Counter-Strike, I play on mostly medium settings no AA and Billinear texture filtering, same for F.E.A.R. except I play at 800x600 resolutions, and a little lower then medium settings.

On Counter-Strike, I did the video stress test twice now on the same settings and resolution and it came out to be average 12fps. Now I know thats not very good for what I'm trying to accomplish and I dont know how I ever got along with that untill now. Also the 6150LE is a 64mb video card but I overclocked it to run 128mb shared memory.

What I am basically getting at is that my birthday is coming up and my parents are going to buy me a video card, but I'm going to put in about $40. The video card is located here...
EVGA GeForce 7600 GT

If I get that video card, what I want to know is how much better do you think I will be able to run my games at? I am most likely just oging to run them at 800x600 so the settings are higher but I want the best results possible. Also is the card overclockable? If you could take the time to answer these questions I would be truely grateful, this is the one forums website that i have found that seems to have some education.

Theres a BFG tech 7600GT for 20$ less, and they have the same specs except eVGA has 25mhz more OC but you can overclock it yourself, and i have had luck wih my surrent BFG card, and i am buying that BFG 7600GT for my new computer. Are you sure that you have a PCI-e slot? Here is the link to the card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814143049 Read the testimonials to see how good of performance it has, "100FPS in CS:S"

Yes I'm sure I have a PCI-E slot, 3 actually and also a AGP slot. Thanks man that helps a lot, the only other problem I have is that I don't know what kind of PCI-E slot I have. It could be 16x but I'm not sure, is there any way to check this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back