Help!!! 98 2 XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molongal

I need some help.

I want to setup a network between two computers one with 98 and one with xp. I have a netwok card installed on both and a cross over cable. The connection is there (xp netwok negbourhood). But that is about it. I have never set up a network before(anykind) so i dont know what to do or what to look for. help!!:grinthumb

Go to network connections on the XP machine on the left side there should be "set up a home or small office network". Make sure both comps are connected via the crossover cable and follow the wizard. I think thats how I did it with my roommates comp, if thats what I did it allows you to make a floppy disk with something you run on the 98 machine and then it works.
If you get confused you can check the Help in WindowsXP and search for ICS (Internet Connection Sharing), even if thats not what you want to do you'll at least by doing that accomplish the connection between your 2 comps.

Installing the NetBEUI protocol on your Windows 98 computer may also be necessary to view your XP system on the network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back