Help: A Very Good Computer Runs -Very- Slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find -everything- running very, very slowly on my computer.

For instance: Every game I play has massive video lag and lag period. Also, all windows programs just run horribly slow. Whereas my laptop runs just fine on everything. (Such as CounterStrike:Source gets nearly 50 chokish and it's quite irritating.

My system: Asusp4p800 Deluxe, 2.7 GHZ, 1k+DDR, Radeon 9800 pro, all running on Windows XP Professional.

Now, I have three HDD's; however, two of them are friend I believe: I had them raided and somehow they were corrupted but I never bothered to change any settings since it boots up from my backup automatically after the started says "No Device" for the HDD bootup screen.

Please, I would like to get the computer up and running without a format, but if it is not possible let me know what I can do.

(I have tried scanning for viruses and spyware, to no avail)

Thank you for your time,

Kent.

Chief787 said:
Now, I have three HDD's; however, two of them are friend I believe: I had them raided and somehow they were corrupted but I never bothered to change any settings since it boots up from my backup automatically after the started says "No Device" for the HDD bootup screen.

WTF?

If your machine is free of malware, and your event log is clean, and there are no crashed processes in Task Manager, then I'd take a look at your hardware setup. It seems that you already have some sort of idea of whats wrong with your hardware, try moving forward from there.

Note: I'd make a good backup of any important data before messing with a RAID array.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back