HELP! ASUS A7N8X-E DELUXE Ethernet problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I installed xp home a while back and had no problems with my build in ethernet card on my mobo. I recently reformmated and put windows 98 SE on and installed all the drivers from the mobo disk. I plugged in my cord into my ethernet and nothing happened at all. I couldn't get online at all. I do although have a bunch of unknown devices when i boot up my computer.

Unknown Devices:

PCI System Management Bus
PCI Universal Serial Bus
PCI Ethernet Controller
PCI Multimedia Audio Device
PCI Communication Device
PCI Raid Controller

I searched for hours on google trying to find drivers or whatever is needed for these.. and I can't find anything at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sorry

Sorry i didn't make myself that clear, i did search google and found those drivers already, installed them, and still had no luck what so ever. everytime i boot my computer up the same pci things come up...ive tried just about everything i could think of...

nvidia nforce device drivers and acpi

if you can't install nvidia nforce drivers, probably your settings in the acpi bios section or in the pci irq section are wrong. if acpi is disabled, you >>cannot install correctly<< nvidia drivers and other device drivers.
if you have acpi disabled, enable it in bios, but you have to reinstall windows at all!
i hope this will help you!
bye bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back