Help: Asylum GeForce Fx 5700 ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

TANSOCAL

Asylum GeForce Fx 5700 ultra......HELP

Hello All....

First off, want to thank everyone with the help on video cards.

I finally bought a bfg asylum geforce fx 5700 ultra, and I play desert combat v.07(aka battlefield 1942), and have installed everything (new drivers 53.04), including a new 450w power supply and still seem to have some bottleneck issues or possibly some setting issues. I haven't touch the settings on my video card since I really don't know what im doing yet...lol I rather start by changing some settings on my card, then goto bios, and mobo etc. if those don't work. I have dsl via aol and pcpitstop shows me connecting on the average of 675 kb/s, which seems ok.

Here are my system specs:

Processor a Main Circuit Board b
933 megahertz Intel Pentium III
32 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Board: Intel Corporation D815EEA AAA19243-403

Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Intel Corp. EA81510A.15A.0006.P04.0007070958 07/07/2000
Drives Memory Modules c,d
30.72 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
16.08 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

IDE-CD R/RW 8x4x32 [CD-ROM drive]
PIONEER DVD-ROM DVD-115 [CD-ROM drive]
Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")

IBM-DTLA-307030 [Hard drive] (30.74 GB) -- drive 0, s/n YKDYKTLK002, rev TX4GA50C, SMART Status: Healthy 512 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'DIMM1' has 256 MB
Slot 'DIMM2' has 256 MB
Slot 'DIMM3' is Empty
Local Drive Volumes

c: (on drive 0) 30.72 GB 16.08 GB free

what I guess Im asking is, is my system big enough to run this game, and what can I do to stop the bottlenecking.

I always try to enter a game with the lowest ping, but it takes forever to load the actual map. I can go outside and smoke a cigarette before it loads...lol

ok..... got pen in hand ready to write it all down......lol

thank you in advance.........

Tan~

I dont think its bottle necking.... what do you consider to be bottle necking in this case? FPS not high enough? Just loading hella slow? Well your rig is pretty good, other then the CPU is a tad old but it'll do just fine with good FPS in BF np.

My rig is:
AthlonXP2100+
Asus A7V8x
512MBs PC2700
Geforce4 Ti4200

And Desert Combat takes HELLA LONG to load!!!!!!! Its not just you, but levels in that game do take a REALLY LONG TIME. My friend has just about my same rig, but with a 2500+ and its a lot fsater, ie-reasonable load times. If you notice, BattleField doesnt take too long to load, load times are good, bareable. Desert Combat on the other hand, I dont know if it was poor coding, larger maps or what, but it takes atleast 3x longer to load. So I dont think theres any bottle necking, its just the mod Desert Combat itsself. My rig is pretty reasonable, and levels take FOREVER on Desert Combat.......I feel your pain! :dead:

the 933 P3 is the bottleneck. You'd be lucky to run that game in 800x600 with that processor regardless of the new gfix card.

So I guess upgrading to a P4 3.2ghz, and new mobo would help huh..?? or................???

<sigh>

ps....kinda confused with the 2 quite different posts.....<eyeroll>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back