Help - AUX Fan is not spinning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostyr0d

hello

i just bought a new PSU and Graphic card. I have plugged in every cable where they are supposted to be, but in SensorView it tells me that my AUX fan is spinning at 0RPM.

So i removed the sidecase, and it didn't spin.

would appreciate help..

thx

Howdy

What size fan, where is mounted and what kind of power plug?

unrelated-Also what kind of psu & vid card did you get?

24mm fan, it is in the motherboard.

Got a cheap (but it works) NorthQ 500W
And a Sapphire Radeon X1900XT 512MB.

also, that graphic card was very big, and the stupid thing is, that i had to place it over the AUX fan. maybe this is what causes the AUX fan to not run?

Hold on there! Thats the northbridge chipset fan :eek:
You'll need to get that sorted quickly, your MoBo may be at risk.
Seems odd the vid card goes over it but since it does thats most likely the cause..
What MoBO do you have?
Any chance you could post a pic of this setup?

Is the graphics card touching the northbridge fan? If so, obviously that's the problem but if it's not, the problem might be elsewhere.

I just checked.. and yes, it is touching the fan.

Dont rly know what to do now.. is it possible to take out the graphic card a bit so it doesnt touch that fan or??

No, you will not likely be able to lift the vid card, it needs to be completely seated to work correctly.
What mother board is this?
There may be some kind of mod or different northbridge heatsink and fan you could use.

Acer F80M-2 ... bought a finished setup PC from the shop so thats what Mobo i have..

the other graphic card i had before was much smaller so then it wasnt a problem.

I'm un-able to find any kind of pic of that MoBo, to know what the northbridge & video agp/pcie looks like.
I'm not sure how to procceed with any recommendations.

Ok.. so what is the "worst" thing that could happen when Northbridge fan doesnt spin?

Maybe i could find a temporary solution until i buy a new mobo..

Frostyr0d said:
Ok.. so what is the "worst" thing that could happen when Northbridge fan doesnt spin?

Maybe i could find a temporary solution until i buy a new mobo..
It will fry the motherboard...temp solution? well, not seeing it, you could roll back to previous vid card?

I agree the northbridge chipset will burn out without the fan going. Your best temporary solution is to go back to the older graphics card. For a good long term solution, see if you can find a different lower profile northbridge chipset fan. A new mobo would be secondary solution.

Edit: The manual for the E300 is very lacking in illustrations. It only indirectly helps with this problem when it gives a general warning to consult with your dealer before buying parts.

Me again!

Hey, just wanted to inform you that i have found a "temporary" solution.. that can work some years i think :p

i just took out the graphic card a veery little bit.. it only required 1mm to make the fan running !!!

so i think i can use this card now for a while!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back