Help! Black screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few days ago, my PC would only load to a black screen with active cursor. I pulled the hard drive and moved critical data to another PC and tried to reload windows XP, but it stops and the Windows Setup page.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Welcome to Techspot!
You have not filled in any hardware details on your machine, so it limits our ability to help.
However, you must start with the basics.
Open your box and clean Dust etc.
Check cable connections.
If you can boot to Bios check PC health if you have those pages and any missing hardware.
Swap any hardware you can.
I would guess a hardware failure. PSU maybe.
Get back to us with your troubleshooting progress.

mugosuds said:
A few days ago, my PC would only load to a black screen with active cursor. I pulled the hard drive and moved critical data to another PC and tried to reload windows XP, but it stops and the Windows Setup page.

Any ideas what is wrong?
sounds a bit like my problem mate, i would say a dirty virus, have tried slaving my h/d to another pc, when i returned to the original pc, op system was missing, i'm now going through a serious file recovery system. hope you find help on here although i didn't! make sure you give as much detail as possible, it helps others diagnose. remember, it aint easy to help someone out over the internet especially when you got a serious problem which i suspect you do.

good luck

Could be a cornicopia of problems causing this. If you got all your significant files off the drive then just wipe it and move on. Did you try running the recovery console with your windows disk? Try replacing your MBR (Master Boot Record) Hope life gets better for ya, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back