Help!, Blue Screen Stop!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Im from Argentina, soo... hi to every body! I'm NEW! :) , and sorry for my inglish.. it's good enought... :dead:

Well... here there are 8 minidumps of my windows. puke:

I tried making a new page file, I tried unistalling-reemplacing sound, RTL, mems... and also reinstalling windows... Updating drivers and... well.. looking in the mobo for broken parts. BUT STILL DID't FIND anything! :eek:

I just don't know what else to do... the mini dumps did't gave me any clue of what's going on!... :dead:

PLEASE HELP!!! :bounce:

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

3 minidumps crash with an Unknown_Image, and a bugcheck of 7F.

1 minidump crashes at ks.sys. It has a bugcheck of 7F.

1 minidump crashes at win32k.sys. It has a bugcheck of 8E.

2 minidumps crash at nv4_disp.dll. They have bugchecks of 8E, and D1 respectively.

1 minidump crashes at ntoskrnl.exe. It has a bugcheck of D1.

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause (many dozen KB articles exist for this error referencing specific hardware failures) and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

As you can see from the above ram is the most likely culprit, but it could also be caused by other faulty hardware.

Try running your system with just one stick of ram. Try putting your ram into a different dimm slot.

Check your system for overheating.

Check that your psu is putting out enough power for your system.

Make sure that nothing is overclocked.

Disconnect anything not required to run your system.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks

Thanks for the fast reply :D

well... first of all, here I will explain my sistem's hard.

Mobo: abit Kx7-333
Video: Nv Gf4(galaxy)
audio: genius sound maker 4.1
ramm: spektec 128, 2 x 256 ddr 333
micro: xp athlon 2200
adap: Generic RTL
drive: Maxtor 80g

Second... the Stop message :(

This STOP errors start 2 weeks ago, just playing an old game I always had. I didn't update my sistem, my soft or anything and ocurred without reason.

Since that, I update mobo bios, video bios, windows XP x86 to SP2 and all upgrades and the drivers of everything. I have only running my video, ramm(only 1 each day, I swich them to try) and my RTL(I have a cuople of those, so I swich them too)

Nothing is overclocked or overheat :hotouch: , but how do I test my psu? :confused:

I'm starting to think that my mobo is the problem... I haven't power off my pc since 2 years ago.

the guilty hardware... :mad:
Video: not so possible
micro: possible
Mobo: possible
Ramm: Not possible, I tried every slot and ramms
drive: not possible...

Could my mobo be the "guilty hardware"? :confused:

Check your mobo for bulging, or leaking capacitors. See HERE for further info.

What psu do you have?

It is possible for a failing/underpowered psu to cause random bsod`s.

Regards Howard :)

I also checked the capacitor leaking and nothing.

The psu watts is 350. The model is "microland spx-230ATX/2.01"

correct me if im wrong... Im not so sure of the watts

do not blame hardware, it might not be broke at all.

it can be a driver issue. poorly written drivers (ati and nvidia have made some BSOD driver versions), drivers which bite each other.
also bios options (memory related settings, shadowing, cas ras etc) and using non-compatible memory modules can lead to stops.

set memory timings to 7-3-3

If the system BSODS during full load this may be because by too low PSU wattage, or malfunctioning cpu fan.

AMD's suckup very much juice. For the system u have i think you need 350 watt at least.

If running xp, try the media center versions from nvidia :) when u are not able to install these (drivers written for other os, or you arent running mediacenter), i can provide em for you. The media center drivers from nvidia are stable and tested by WHQL.

Mhz_69 said:
I also checked the capacitor leaking and nothing.

The psu watts is 350. The model is "microland spx-230ATX/2.01"

correct me if im wrong... Im not so sure of the watts

Can you try a different psu? Just to rule out your current psu as the culprit.

Look HERE at this psu wattage calculator.

xero
do not blame hardware, it might not be broke at all.

While it is indeed possible for software to be the problem. I think it is more likely to be a hardware problem.

There are many cases of hardware failure on these forums that have a bugcheck of 7F.

Of course I could be wrong. it wouldn`t be the first time.

hi howard, I got news about my pc... Well... I started using "sandra sisoftware pro" to test my sistem...

Gess what, every time I try to get information about my motherboard, the sistem STOPs with a blue screen type C4 :hotbounce

The PSU calculator shows me that there is too much watts free

Could it be a mobo problem? :confused: :hotouch:

tonight I will test my mobo with other micro, other video, other PSU and other RAMM.

Regards Mhz! :wave:

0x000000C4: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

This is the general bug check code for fatal errors that the Driver Verifier finds. The accompanying parameters are the parameters that are passed to KeBugCheckEx and displayed on a blue screen.

Is the above the stop message you are getting?

To answer your question. yes it is possible that your mobo is faulty.

The trouble with finding a hardware problem is just that. Finding which component is faulty.

When you say the psu wattage calculator shows too many watts free. What exactly do you mean?

How many watts does the calculator say you need?

Continue with the testing you outlined, and let us know the results.

The Pc calculator results are 203 wats for my pc in 80% and 224 in 100%

My next message will be the test I will make reamplaceing ramm, psu, video and CPU

regards MHz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back