Help! Can't remove annoying Adware - HiJackThis log attached

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - hoping someone can help me out. I've tried running numerous Spyware and Adware removal programs (MS, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Trend, etc) and I'm still getting pop-up ads. I've attached a HiJackThis log file. Appreciate your help!

If you're getting popup ads on the desktop, disable web content on desktop as follows:

Right-click on the desktop,
select Properties,
Desktop tab,
Customize Desktop,
Web tab,
Delete everything except "My Current Home Page".

Your HJT log seems quite normal to me.

I checked the desktop and the only thing there is my home page. The pop-ups are still coming. Most are advertisements or things that appear to be windows messages suggesting something is wrong with the machine and try to get you to click on them. For example, I just got one where the browser heading is HB Pro2 with a message that a Registry Cleaner is Recommended.

Any other suggestions?

Do your "anti" tools report any problems? If so, does it clean them and they keep coming back? If so, look for and run these programs as well:

Ewido Security Suite (free trial)
CWShredder

Then check the various "Sticky" threads in the "Security" forum. Follow all the instruction, from Safe Mode. You'll get it out eventually.

Your log is pretty clean, there are a few non malacious things you could remove, but I don't see any nasties. You can remove this, it's not normally supposed to be running:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DXDllRegExe] dxdllreg.exe

Other than that, maybe those tools and threads can help kill the last bugger.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back