Help, choosing between x850 xt and the xt platinum(both AGP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And about graphics card purchasing, what are the main differences between different, distributors i guess?(sapphire, visiontek, asus) and the regular ati one. I did notice subtle clock speed differences, but besides that, are they basically the same card at different prices? :giddy:

yeah, I would recommend go for a new mobo and a x1800 card.

for the diff makers, sometimes the cooling is a bit different and the bundle softwares. the core is the same. Some have diff warranty. some cards are factory overclocked and it's covered under the warranty.

kholdstare121 said:
And about graphics card purchasing, what are the main differences between different, distributors i guess?(sapphire, visiontek, asus) and the regular ati one. I did notice subtle clock speed differences, but besides that, are they basically the same card at different prices? :giddy:

Asus / Leadtek / Gigabyte = good with better parts. Better performance usually due to factory overclock.

Sapphire = midrange quality. Some issues with substandard cooling parts / VRAM when oc.

Sparkle etc. = Low quality ... low price. Substandard cooling systems - no oc possible without expensive cooling upgrades.

OCz usually get the midrange for a good price and upgrade cooling parts. I myself use a Sapphire X800 series with liquid cooling. OC'ed to the max ... :)

The PE isn't worth the extra 100$ IMO...

About the card brand - it's better to buy a card with a higher stock clocks - cause you're getting more performance from it from the start, and you're more likely to get it OC'ed higher because they usually use chips of more quality and/or better cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back