Help - Computer Died and I know nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK sorry for being a computer ***** but last night I go to turn on my Dell and flashes the dell logo as usual and then the Windows XP logo comes up with the loading bar below it and it never moves pass that. I left it there for 30 minutes and it never got to my desktop and the only way you could turn it off was at the power source? Am I screwed? HELP!!!!!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Can you boot into safe mode?

Try tapping the F8 key repeatedly when you boot the computer.

Please let us know.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

last known good configuration may be an idea too, that way it will clear itself.

If not let us know :)

Nukey said:
last known good configuration may be an idea too, that way it will clear itself.

If not let us know :)

Yes that would be a good place to start. However, hogman42 would need to be able to boot into safe mode in order to do that.

As yet we don`t know whether he can.

Regards Howard :)

I will try the safe-mode thing tonight and report back in the morning. So while the Dell logo and the Windows XP logo is just sitting there, that is when I tap F8? I want to make sure I know exactly what I am doing since I can't check email there since the *%#@!* computer won't turn on.

Ugh

OK so I did the safe mode thing and the menu came up. I clicked on safe mode and then the operating system and then it ran through some screens and then went black and nothing happened after that.

After that, I tried it again and instead of safe mode, I clicked on the last known good configuration or whatever it said and it went to the XP logo with the bar across (hour glass like deal) and never moved from there.

F-ing computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back