help, computer has various error...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nismo91

sorry if the topic is incorrect but i need to solve this problem asap.. (help)

i have 2 computers which the troublesome 1 is
intel pentium 4 2.4ghz, 533fsb, 1mb cache
512mb ram
intel extreme 2 onboard 96mb
400w psu (prev.300w)
80gb hdd seagate
LG dvd-rw dl

after upgrading my psu to 400w from 300w, few months soon my computers started to freezes by itself at any time, sometimes doing nth also make it freezes.
soon after that, when playing 3d games, my pc can shut itself at only 58*C (CPU) and 39*C(HDD) with continous beep saying that it overheat..
then i go bring it to pc shop and repair it, as they said is just software error,
a week after, the computer freezes more frequently.. even capslock being pressed also didnt light up the keyboard
is it a hw error?

any help.. plz help newbie///

help, computer has various problem

sorry, but now im away from home so i forget about the brand...
but i think its a korean brand with lifetime warranty...

since im now away awhile, is there any possibilities of unfreezing if i revert back to my old 300w psu which actually had no problem?
the pc shop says that the 300w psu is not strong enough to hold my pc with 2 harddisk, but now i only use 1hdd as the another was gone.

Freezing Problems

Have you check the cooler of your PSU?

Is continous working or from time to time is stopping?

yeah i missed out that one, maybe i should check, but now as im away i'll call my brother to check it out

now about my other pc, it start having a brighter line (vertical) after few weeks of installing ATI mobility catalyst 6.9, and overclocking. the strange thing is the bright line is only applies to the background, i mean if i move my cursor pointer there, there was no line... (sorry i cannot take screenshot)
the strange thing is that sometimes since the oem logo diplayed on startup, the line was alredy there though when im using vista (no catalytst) theres no line at all. the line is random, sometimes its so bright but sometimes it disappear.
now i restore again my normal clock speed but the line is there.
is it the catalyst error or it;s because effect after overclocking my gpu?

problem with the bright line

Try to install a clean OS and the see what is happening.

If the problem persist put another video adapter in your PC and the last try another monitor.

At least look at "The bright side of the problem" and let us know.

Good luck to you.

ive just install clean windows and i think the line appear again after catalyst install... thanks for your opinion.. i guess somehow i must use previous version of catalyst as there's no line presence if i connect to TV.
btw before im goin, my fren got new acer 5562 aspire (dual core 1.66) and with no load (do nth) it reach 80*C cpu and 55*C hdd, is it normal?
cus in my own notebook its only 56 and 40.
(sry 4 asking much question)

laptop or desktop 80`C is way too hot. Unless the sensor is not picking up the correct temperatures properly. It could be due to the heatsink/fan assembly not installed correctly or not enough thermal stuff between the CPU and the HSF.

Does it feel hot to touch?
what program are you using to read this?
try to see what it says in Bios' hardware monitor?

Heat

The temperature is high indeed.
It's not normal to be so hot. Search if the cooler of the laptop is working, the cooler is made to work from time to time to save power and to encrease the life of the battery.

If the laptop is in the warranty period your friend can go to the service store to ask them to see what is the problem, maybe it needs to adjust the surface of the radiator and they can do that and in this way you don't lose the warranty.

Good luck to you and to your friend in your quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back