Help! Computer monitor turns off and disconnects from computer for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

geno2k3

Hey, recently (today) the computer monitor will turn off and severe the connection between monitor and computer. That meaning the monitor doesnt show any thing on the screen (even though the computer is on) it will show what it usualy shows when the computer is turned off (red green blue, please check the power cable or computer is the message)

EXAMPLE: Im playing world of warcraft, boom screen goes blank and the monitor goes into its computer off state. I turn the monitor on and off but it doesnt do anything. The computer is still on and running.

Ohh yeah and i reseated the video card and switched the monitor, same thing is still happening.

If you have integrated video...try that and see if same thing. Just a thought. Could be the card. Reinstall video processor drivers. Give the machine a good general checkup. Does this happen when you're not playing a game? Or just when things are accelerated?

Update: Things took a turn for the worse.

I tried using integrated video and it didnt work aswell... now the monitor wont even connect to the PC. As to before which it did but then disconnected itself. Im guesing the onboard video + the video card have nothing to do with it but a problem with the rest of the mobo? Please help me!

Well have you tried using a different monitor, a friend of mine had the same problem and he just needed a new monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back