Help, Computer restarted itself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

signofzeta

Here is what the error report says. I found everything that is similar to the other reports except for the BCP1: D98DD124 part.

BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : D98DD124 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 8050E252 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

I sent the report, and now it seems that Microsoft says it has something to do with the promise RAID drivers. I don't know for sure so I'm double checking with you guys.

HELP!!!!!

A second thing, if it is really that Promise Raid's fault, then what should I do about it?

OK, I have whatever HP told me to download, and it is to uninstall promise raid. Now I just need you guys for the go ahead.

Usually, restarts are caused by bad drivers, overheating cpus due to dust and hair, memory defects, and spyware. But it can be anything in hardware or software.
Download the latest Promise Raid drivers, then uninstall or inactivate existing drivers in the Device Manager, before installing the drivers you just downloaded.
If the new driver does not work, go back to an earlier version... again by downloading the driver, then removing or disabling the currently installed driver before installing the new one.

What does promise raid do anyway? Will my computer suffer if I get rid of it? This seemed to happen right after I got the latest windows update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back