Help...Crashes, loads of em'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestive title, but the main idea is the crashing part.
Lately my PC (Which is rather recent) has been having loads of hangs.
I've been getting loads of those magic blues screens (Can have up to 10 of them in a whole frickin' day).
Most of the errors consists of those IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal thing, which I assume is a driver fault.

Anywho, I did a little bit of reading to get me a debugtext log, but it's pretty much gibberish.

Can anyone tell me what does all of that "gibberish" means and how to get rid of those errors.

The debug log is in the .zip, so is the minidump in case I have it all wrong (Yes complete n00b I am).

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It is difficult to be sure from only 1 minidump.

Your minidump crashes at vsdatant.sys. This is your Zonealarm firewall driver.

Update Zonealarm, or uninstall Zonealarm. This may solve your problem.

You may want to attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks

Well, thanks alot there Howard.
Never knew a firewall can kill your PC.

Anyways, I still want to be sure of the source of the problem. Thanks to you I didn't need to pay em' technicians to find the problem (And probably ignore their 'BUY THIS THING CAUSE I SAID SO" remarks.).

So, here's the other dumps. 6 of em' to be precise.

Also, if they are corrupt, mind telling me how to make a successfull dump?
Anywho, I guess I should be learning how to read those files.

Thanks again mate.

2 minidumps crash at vsdatant.sys. Zone alarm firewall. They have bugchecks of C2 and 8E. Uninstall Zonealarm and try using a different firewall. Your AVG antivirus programme is also referenced.

1 minidump crashes with hardware. It has a bugcheck of D1. It references Zonealarm and your AVG antivirus programme.

1 minidump crashes with an unknown image. It has a bugcheck of 7E.

1 minidump crashes at sptd.sys. This the Daemon tools driver. It has a bugcheck of 44. This driver is known to cause problems on some systems/configurations. It also references Vax347b.sys. Alcohol120% driver, again this is a known issue on some systems. It could also be that there is a conflict between the two programmes. Uninstall both programmes temporarily and see if this help.

1 minidump crashes at raspptp.sys. Windows Peer-to-Peer Tunneling Protocol. It has a bugcheck of D1.

Check your system for viruses.

You should also go HERE and follow the instructions for testing your ram/hard drive/page file etc.

Look HERE for the meaning of your bugcheck codes.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks a bunch!

Well, thanks a bunch!

I won't see any immediate changes (Cause the crashes are random and because I will uninstall them one by one depending on the number of times I crash), but I hope that will fix everything.
But there's a few things I don't catch...

Why would the windows P2P Tunneling Protocol Crash?
Illegal acts or just a plain old windowz bug?

Avg, that perplexed me. I used that Anti Virus for over 3 years, never crashed my PC.

Finally, what free anti-virus would you guys reccommend? Avast seems ok...
**Edit: Oh, and firewall too by the way :)

Well, thanks a bunch d00dz!

At this stage, I think Zone alarm/Alcohol120%/Daemon tools are the mose likely software problems, as these programmes are known to cause problems on some systems. Start with those and see how it goes.

I still rcommend that you test your ram/hard drive/page file etc, as well as checking for viruses.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back