Help Deciding Which Parts To Buy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neild79

i need some advice on which motherboard to buy. i want to build a gaming pc capable of playing the top games for the next few years(if possible). whats the best motherboard to get: the asus m2n sli deluxe socket am2 nvidia nforce 570 sli mcp atx amd, or, would i be better getting a good socket 939 board? i plan on getting an amd athlon 64 x2 4600+ windsor 2000MHz ht 2x512kb l2 cache socket am2 dual core cpu. would this cpu + the am2 mobo let me play top games on the highest detail settings if i bought 2xnvidia geforce 7600gt's? i would appreciate some help on this. THANK YOU

jsut a cupple suggestions

your going to need an AM2 not s939 mobo if you want to get the 4600+ winsor

second for the price of 2 7600 you can problby get an x 1900xt or a 7900 whitch will exide or match the preforumace of that sli

aalso give us your budget

conroe will be far better for gamming when it comes out as we have seen in becnchmarks

i think it shguld be out in 4 or 5 days

neild79 said:
i need some advice on which motherboard to buy. i want to build a gaming pc capable of playing the top games for the next few years(if possible). whats the best motherboard to get: the asus m2n sli deluxe socket am2 nvidia nforce 570 sli mcp atx amd, or, would i be better getting a good socket 939 board? i plan on getting an amd athlon 64 x2 4600+ windsor 2000MHz ht 2x512kb l2 cache socket am2 dual core cpu. would this cpu + the am2 mobo let me play top games on the highest detail settings if i bought 2xnvidia geforce 7600gt's? i would appreciate some help on this. THANK YOU

If u want to be able to play new games for a couple of years u need to wait for the DX10 cards to come out. It will be atleast 6 mo. to 9 mo before they are out.

I'd avoid any boards made by asus. When they work, they work great, but most are flakey and very particular about component compatibility.

I've used MSI boards with a lot of success.

what is the conroe? im quite new to pc's but have picked up quite a lot in the last couple of months, but ive not heard about conroe!!!! cheers......also, i have no set budget as ive started buying parts every 1 or 2 weeks...im going for a motherboard next week + there are so many to choose from!!! i dont know what to get..as for the cpu, ill get that for xmas, so i can probably get 1 about £400 to £500, but again dont know what to get.....any help is appreciated, thanks

Conroe was the project name for Intels new Core 2 Duo CPU's thats due to be released sometime realy soon... As you'd guessed it its also dual core, but according to most people who've gotten their hands on it being a pretty good processor, especialy since intel dropped out on gaming performance since the P3s..

Dont bother getting DX10 cards now, since a) they don't exist b)they'd probably sell the same as the existing top end cards available now c)when they do, it'll be a first generation release d)DX10 is only available on Vista, if you're planning to use that. Instead, get a good quality card like those mentioned above. There's also a Nvidia card that says its "DX10 compatible" but the model no. skips my mind.. and that (fine print text) says "if ms doesn't change the specs on DX10 requirements", which is a fat chance.. But in the end, you get a good card for this period nonetheless..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back