Help: emachines T2482 doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Background:
I have this computer (eMachines T2482) for 2.5 year, and have used it without too heavy or too slight---ordinary and commonly used.
Before I powered it on today, it has been closed and rested for 3 days without being touched.

Problems:
When I pressed the power button today---
1) NO responses were observed in monitor and keyboard;
2) the power LED on the power button did NOT light on;
3) the CPU fan was powered on and worked;
4) the hard drive LED on the panel lighted on for 10-20 seconds and then turned off automatically;
5) the LEDs on CD-RW and DVD driver flashed for several seconds---like normal;
6) the power button can be used to turn the power off---holding pressing the button for 3~4 seconds.

Addition:
1) I have checked the system with a known good power supply, and the response of the system was the same as the case with original power supply;
2) the hard disk have been verified in good situation---all data are there.

Questions:
Can I know what happened to this computer?
Is it the problem of motherboard, or CPU, or power supply?
How to get the damaged part replaced?

Thank you so much for the help!

Product Defect

I have been given a T2482 to fix with the same problem. The user told me that the system slowly began to die 1 resource at a time, and led to an inevitable power supply failure. After testing the PC with a reliable ATX power supply, I discovered the board was toast.

I told him, "You get what you pay for."

Well, you can overcool a PC, but it is difficult to do. If a PC runs too cool, its performance suffers, just as performance suffers when it is too hot. There is a range where things work best. You also have various equipment failures when certain components are too cold. We have all kinds of trouble with our broadcast tower computer in the winter.

ononuerr said:
Background:
I have this computer (eMachines T2482) for 2.5 year, and have used it without too heavy or too slight---ordinary and commonly used.
Before I powered it on today, it has been closed and rested for 3 days without being touched.

Problems:
When I pressed the power button today---
1) NO responses were observed in monitor and keyboard;
2) the power LED on the power button did NOT light on;
3) the CPU fan was powered on and worked;
4) the hard drive LED on the panel lighted on for 10-20 seconds and then turned off automatically;
5) the LEDs on CD-RW and DVD driver flashed for several seconds---like normal;
6) the power button can be used to turn the power off---holding pressing the button for 3~4 seconds.

Addition:
1) I have checked the system with a known good power supply, and the response of the system was the same as the case with original power supply;
2) the hard disk have been verified in good situation---all data are there.

Questions:
Can I know what happened to this computer?
Is it the problem of motherboard, or CPU, or power supply?
How to get the damaged part replaced?

Thank you so much for the help!

I had the same thing happend to me a couple of months ago with a brand new system that I build for my stepdaughter. This was a cheap system with an ASrock born and a Sempron processor. Anyway, initially it worked great, and then one day it would not start, but the lights would come on and the CPU fan would buzz for a moment. I immediately thought it was the PSU. I replaced it with a brand new spare one that I had, but no change. I removed all cards one by one, checked cables but it didn't help. Since I had warranty I was ready to just take the mobo back. However, I decided to give it one more try and I removed everything and put it back in again, and that fixed it. It has worked perfect without one single incident since then. I suspect that there was a bad connection somewhere, possibly the power connection between mobo and PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back