Help***ERROR(1003)***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aragorn1368

Hello
My computer reset 'REPEATEDLY';
and when I log on to windows , error report appear,
I checked my RAM(By CheckIt Diagnostics),VGA,CPU.
and i put RAM in other slots.
when i tested H.D.D (By CheckIt Diagnostics) computer restarted again.
HELP mE.

PLEASE HELp

It sounds as if your copy of windows is corrupt, maybe because your hard drive is failing.
Will the PC boot into safe mode?

Did you make any major changes, installs, or removals prior to this event first happening. Try to recall what you may have done a day or two prior to the first event.
Have you tried going back to an earlier good install using System Restore, that was prior to any hardware or software change.
Does is still reset when you cold boot in SAFE MODE? That must be your first round. If it is stable in safe mode, then perhaps you have a component failure... video or other item that Safe Mode disables.
Do you have a floppy drive? If so, try to boot to an MS-Dos, W98, or WMe disc and let it ldle.
Always consider your hard drive in this type of failure, as well as cpu cooling, bad cpu fan, video graphics card, power supply... you basically have to look at everything, which makes it all very frustrating.
It is a good idea to go back to the most fundamental install. Use another hard drive and a quick install.
Check It is very good software (are you a Brit?), but your memory needs a four hour test. We recommend MemTest86 which is free. It is always useful to run the CCleaner, as it will clean up registry errors and other stuff that can cause the problem sometimes, but take care if you have never cleaned a registry before.
It is often a matter of thinking things through with a pencil and paper, before you ever start repairing and frustrating yourself.
Any failing device found in a PCI slot or an AGP slot can cause repeated restarts, so run everything in tests without your modem, sound card, etc.

I always use Registry Mechanic to fix registry problems.
Moreover Windows Can load in safe mode.
My system information:
Mainboard:GIGA8PE(845PE)
CPU:2.4 Intel Full
RAM:256 MB DDR1 266.
VGA:256 MB NVIDIA 6200 A-LE.
H.D.D:80 GB Maxtor
CD ROM:Asus
CD RW:SAMSUNG
FLOPPY:Sony
Modem:Intel ACCORP v.92
Powersupply:'350'W
moreover:CPU's Temperature is normal(Fan Speed:2900-3600)
and I have some minidumps,are these help you to help me.
thanks.ooooooooooooo :I re-instaled Windows XP but my problems didn't solve...

Good motherboard. Weak hard drive. Other equipment is just fine.

I would be good money that your problem is inadequate memory... and once you fill those slots with high quality memory DDR 333 PC2700 or even faster (check the evaluator at www.crucial.com - their reports on what the motherboard will take are right on) then www.zipzoomfly.com, I expect you will have no more trouble.

You will have to remove the 256 mb module and put in two 512's, at least, methinks.

Good luck. Please let us know how it goes.

While more ram is always a good idea, it may be a fairly expensive waste of time as the "resetting" problem hasn't yet been resolved.

What make of psu do you have and what error reports do you get?

Hi!
I put another RAM (256)266 but computer restarted again.
does my power supply fit for this computer?
What i must do about my hard drive?
oo Withal, when i have installed Xp with NTFS a blue screen apeared during instalation(Memory management).
what i must do with my minidumps?
( MOST TIME COMPUTER RESTARTS WHEN IT GET BUSY)(RECENTLY WHEN I PRESS TURN OFF COMPUTER ,IT RESTART AND ERROR REPORT APEAR)(I CHANGED SYSTEM OPTIONS,TO SHOW BLUE SCREEN)
(MOST ERRORS:Memory management,IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL,
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA)
Thank you!!!

Hi!!!
Always Computer Restart Uppermost, when it has a new instalation of Windows(Bare Windows)(When i Have no Program,Only hardwares Information)
I Changed my hdd and i used it, but it didn't solve my problem.
I Changed all Hardwars ,Perhaps my problem solve,But it didn't answer.
I Increased my ram (512),But .....
I Updated Bois,Some Hardware Instalation version.
I Re-Installed Windows,I Checked Front pannel wires.
HeLp mE......

Sorry - we are not getting to grips with this for you.
You say you have changed all the hardware - what people usually mean is they have changed everything except the main board and processor. Does you motherboard had on board VGA?
So you have new PSU, RAM, VGA? Forget all other bits until we find the problem.

I would like to know what make and wattage power supply unit (psu) you have, just in case it may not be up to the job.

No,No
I didn't change Main and CPU But i interm changed other hardwares.
My former VGA was NVIDIA geforce4 440 mx.
I borrow my friends hdd but it get restarted.
can powersupply make this problem?

in event viwer i saw errors.it is a sample of my errors:
Error Category:102 EventID:1003
Description:
Error code 000000f4, parameter1 00000004, parameter2 805618a0, parameter3 00000174, parameter4 805fa3ac.

What is faultrep.dll?
i see this name when i click on go.microsoft....... link.
a new windows apear and that name can be seen there.

If your PSU is not powerful enough or faulty it can cause all sorts of problems! Can you answer Rik's question? You need to open the side of your PC and you will see this on the box (usually) at the top of the case where the mains cable connects. We need to know how many watts?

rik!!!
do you need power information???
What things??

Power Supply Information:
company:Microlab,
watage:350 W , 220 V

Did your pc work fine before you changed your graphics card?? I used to use a mx440 and i know its agp x4, what is your new card?? Is it agp x4 compliant??

no no 440mx is an agp 8x.
and computer didn't woke fine when i insert it.
when i inserted 256 graphic(AGp 8X)(6200 a-le) windows didn't load when get to stand by(Restarted)
onetime my ram suffered and i changed it.

No 440mx i an agp 8x,and computer didn't work fine with it.(better than 256)
when i installing 256 (6200 A-LE)(AGP 8X) computer couldn't load from stand by mode.
among ,onetime my ram suffered and i changed it(when 440mx was on Main board)
is it help you????to help me

Sorry, my mx 440 was a geforce2 (i still have it).

We are not getting closer to the fault. Did the pc start to play up after a specific event?? After a power failure or hardware change as examples??

Im no good with minidumps im afraid!!

Does your pc run fine when not playing games??

Did you remove all old hardware drivers? If not, do you know how to boot into safe mode?

Aragorn - if the PC started playing up some time ago when you fitted a new graphics card that is probably the cause of the problem you have. The probable reason that refitting the card does not work now is because the drivers for the old card are no longer installed and the replacement drivers do not work properly with it.
Please confirm that we are on the right track here!

riks answer:when programming or see internet pages i didn't have problem.
ya i lnow how to load in safe mode,but when i useed SFC \scannow restart again.
i guess my power supply doesn't fit for this computer specially my VGA and CPU.Or hdd has problems.because most time when i tested it ,an error has been found by program and computer restarted.
Alberts answer:I bought this system 4 years ago.after 6 months when i started to play with games,computer started to restart.
I bought nw VGA (6200 A-LE) 1 month age,and i reinstalled XP becouse of it.
and i reinstalled Xp 2 days ago.
and downloaded drivers installation.

It would have been a lot easier if that information was in your first post. We can only work with the information that you give us.

You either have a faulty hard drive or faulty ram i suspect.

That boulder has budged finally!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back