HELP! External HD not showing up in My Computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently installed a Belkin FireWire 3-Port PCI Card successfully. A friend gave me his external 40gb HD by Lacie to put music on. When I hooked the two up and restarted the computer, nothing happened. I don't see it in the device manager either. I am running on a POS ME and it functions for basic needs like internet, music, and the calculator. I know, sad, but it is what I've got. Anyways, if any of you can help, that'd be great. I'm not super tech-savvy, but I learn really quick, and am always greatful for suggestions. Thanks!

Sounds like you havnt installed the drivers, or there nor working properlly, Im not to sure about these things either, so ill wait for a techie to come and confirm this, if im right :p

The install was right, but...

The driver was installed correctly, and does show up my device manager as well as on the quick launch thingy. Just not the external HD. : ( But thanks, I did go and check to make sure. : )

What is and isn't working

The FireWire is connected fine and shows in the device manager. The HD doesn't register at all, but the light is on, so I'm assuming there isn't a power problem from PC-FireWire-HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back