a problem occurred when
trying o transfer the
tsdata\res\sound\sfxd2\
package from the media ????
also it wont allow any updates as well.
sims 2 woRks fine i just carnt add any
more like nightlife etC

thanks if u can help[/B]

ok.. can you try full spelling and grammar (to the best of your english ability :)) without the bold writing please?

So far i gather (correct me if i'm wrong):
- You have a Toshiba Laptop, runing windows XP?
>>What model number is it? you can find this on a sticker if you flip the laptop on its back.
>>If you can't determine what the model is, then post us the complete system specs >cpu, ram, video adaptor etc. You can download some software to help you do this, like SIW and Everest Home as an example.
>>What version of windows is it - Home/Pro etc.

- you are trying to install a game on it, but it stops half way? and program updates dont work?
>>does this work before (the installation)?
>>have you tried looking at the cd for scratches, damage etc? or using a different cd?
>>did you see if there is a patch for that specific problem on the game's website?
>>are your drivers and directx 9 up to date?
>>do you have enough hdd space to install it?
>>do you have correct permissions to install it>admin/power user etc?

Im sorry for the grammer /typeing getting use to a
small keyboard is hard .

The Model is no PQG21E-QLO1YEN

QOSMIO G20
Hope that helps /cd are clean i have no scratches and was allrite with sims2
its just the eps wont work

Thats cool.. how did you go in trying to obtain the updated hardware drivers and the rest of the list?

try cleaning your registry. There is a program called CCleaner that can help you do so, just google it to find a download for it.

I have a sticker on the back it tells me all thats on this computer .

so If i use this clean prog will it work I dfrag my comp
alot and still the same Thing happenss.
will this sort it out ?
cheers

It could be either a bad disk or your drive is misaligned or needs to be replaced.

If you have ample disk space, you might want to try copying the entire CD to a folder on your laptop and run the installer from there. If it gives errors copying the cd, you'll know it's either bad media or your cd drive is dirty or mis-aligned.

I dont think the driver etc needs Replaceing
Because I Brought In January this year
and everything was new .
My friends said I might need to
buy sims games again because my other disks of sims
that i got wont work on my new computer
I that true ?

Thanks for your help .

If it gives errors copying the cd, you'll know it's either bad media or your cd drive is dirty or mis-aligned.
thats a good point.. well, probably the media part of that sentance...

i'm not sure about the whole buying new cds unless your copy of Sims2 is a dodgy one or already licenced to a pc already.

I do remember the time when i used to have The Sims that the expansion packs must be installed in the correct order from first released to the recent one to be able to use all of them... I dont know if it applies to Sims2 as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back