help for reinstalling windows for hp 6355

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackcat9ca

I have a HP 6355 that was given to me but the hard drive was blank. I tried to install windows 98 but I keep getting a "windows protection error" I contacted HP to maybe get a recovery CD but there is no recovery cd for this model. is there anything i can do?

I tried running the startup disk and i ran fdisk and tried reinstalling but i still came up with the same errors

this is what the error messages say:

Cannot find a device file that may be need to run windows application.
The windows registry or SISTEM.INI file refers to this device file, but the device file no longer exists.

If you deleted this file on purpose, try uninstalling the associated application using its uninstall or setup program.

If you still want to use the application associated with this device file, try reinstalling that application to replace missing file.

Vnetsup.vxd

The windows registry or SISTEM.INI file refers to this device file, but the device file no longer exists.

If you deleted this file on purpose, try uninstalling the associated application using its uninstall or setup program.

If you still want to use the application associated with this device file, try reinstalling that application to replace missing file.

Vredir.vxd

If you deleted this file on purpose, try uninstalling the associated application using its uninstalled or setup program.

Dfs.vxd

Vserver

After i press 4 time Enter button.
Then my PC continue loading into windows but before load everything done, another error message came out again that is:

Unable to load the dynamic link library:
Msnp32.dll.

The system cannot find the file specified:
Microsoft Network

do i need drivers for the mobo?

When you were trying to reinstall windows, did you format the hard drive, or were you trying to reinstall over the previous installation of windows? If not, use a boot disk and use the format command, then try reinstalling again.

Bios check

If you can remove the hdd check the size on it
Check the bios and make sure the hdd is the same
if it incorrect then do an auto detect hdd in bios

it seems to me that the data is not being wiped
properly.

failing this try windows xp , this should work first time
if not then you have a laptop hardware.

let me know how you get on

Internet Cleaning Tool

i figured out what it was........ windows setup did not recognize the cd-rom drive that was originally in the system so i took my old cd-rom drive from my old computer and installed it. i reformatted the HD and it worked first time. for some reason windows did not have the necessary drivers for that device. thanks a lot for your input guys! much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back