help, game problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarcus

hi, i buyed World of warcaft today and i have some problems when im trying to play the game,this message popps upp: your 3D accelerator card is not supported by world of warcraft. please install a 3D accelerator whit dual-TMU support.
please help.
-thanks

post your system specs.. read the thread titled 'guide to making a good thread'. to find it use the search feature.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

What that message means is you need to upgrade you graphics card.

Go to the game manufacturers website and look at the system requirements for the game.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Yes I know how to upgrade.

However, if you`re not comfortable with opening up your computer, and installing a new graphics card. Then may I suggest you take it to your local PC repair shop, and have them do it for you. Also if you`ve got any PC savvy friends maybe they could do it for you.

Regards Howard :)

ouch! :eek: :eek: :eek: well i would proberly destroy my pc soo i'll ask one of my friends and i understand rigth this is a card i buy in a store and soo on?

Depending on what you want, and can afford.

Graphics cards can cost from as little as $30 to hundreds of $

Please don`t ask me to recommend one though, as I don`t play games, and therefore I`m not in a position to advise you.

Regards Howard :)

these days try for at least a 6600gt but 6200 looks alright to me... 6600gt would last longer and be able to support new games for a few more months though. look at the other threads on new rigs, and new video cards, you can get some stuff from there. also look at ATI and their X800...!

Slow down hoss....

WHat type of video slot do you have? I would not buy a card before i can make sure it will fit!

I would first use Everest to find the type of expansion slot you have. If you know this, then forget what i am saying lol

I would go with a nice x800 as found here
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814127172

more powerful then a 6600GT and is around the same price

Just make sure your PSU can handle the load

Sean

Everest is a program that spits out a whole bunch of stats and information about your computer such as what motherboard you got, what processor, what ram and the ram timings etc. VERY useful and a great program... you can get it here http://www.snapfiles.com/get/everest.html

::Edit::
Darn, was too slow again. one minute! :haha:

If you Google Everest, you'll see it's a freely downloadable system information program for determining what hardware your PC is capable of. I believe it's even in the links here on this site somewhere..

You can also get CPU-Z at:
http://www.cpuid.org/download/cpu-z-130.zip

On it's mainboard tab, the bottom will display what graphics system your motherboard supports. If it has an AGP slot, you have a very wide and varied selection of videocards to choose from. As already said, it'll be about how much you can afford as 3D AGP cards cost from $30 to $600, depending upon features , speed and resolutions you wish to play in. It's overkill though to get an expensive card if the rest of your system is behind the times dramatically.

EDIT
Haha.. all three of us submitted at like the same time. :D

how does what work?

all you do, is download everest, run the application and then select what you want to view. quite simple really... :)

if you wanna know how it finds all the information it gets, well thats quite difficult to explain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back