HELP!! Hacktool.Rootkit problem urgent..

Status
Not open for further replies.
one of my friends sent me a trojan through AIM throught the myspace link, need help in fixing it. complete newbie at this. and im trying to do a paper currently too..

Thank You

i need help urgent

my computer is attacked by hacktool.rootkit virus... we tried to delete the effected filed but could not manage to delete it... i am sending the HJT logs .. if anyone can help out by seeing the logs do help out...

Hacktool.Rootkit!! help required urgent

my computer is effected by Hacktool.Rootkit virus... i tried to delete the virus effected files ... but i could not ... i am sending the HJT logs as attachment.. if anybody out there can make out a solution suggest asap

Please look at the logs and suggest a solution as I have tried all the solutions posted so I thought there may be something specific to be done wit my computer

Like RBS said, try reading the READ: HOWTO posts. There's one entitled, "How to Remove Hacktool.Rootkit."

RealBlackStuff said:
Did you even READ the Read: How to... posts? I doubt it.

i looked over everything. but there are no records of those files running on my computer. i ran services looked at that, tried fixing it using pervious posts. it just won't work. there is a remon.sys file that keeps loopin in NAV on my computer

If remon.sys is there, then it means that you are infected. Did you try rebooting in safe mode to clean up the hidden/system files?

Unable to find files given in How To's to remove hacktool.rootkit virus

I tried everything in how to and also as suggested in the How to's there are no such fiiles in my system I am wondering as what to do That is why I have attached my logs so that you can suggest something after going through them

Of course there are no such files on your system; Hacktool.Rootkit is a rootkit, meaning that it hides evidence of the break-in. If your computer can't see the files, then it can't delete them.
Your HJT log shows no symptoms of a Hacktool.Rootkit infection, and it wouldn't help even if it did, so I would retry the HOWTO to the letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back