Help - High CPU Temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostyr0d

Ok, I just bought a new CPU Fan, the Zalman Fatal1ty CPU cooler.'

I installed it correctly (checked this many times). But the temperature is 40c(!!) degrees IDLE! and when load, it is at 55c degrees!

I didnt apply Thermal paste though :p, how many degrees can it be reduced if i apply Artic Silver 5?

Hello again,
You must apply thermal paste, I'm suprised your temps are that low without it. If you do use Artic Silver you can expect your temps to drop 10C maybe more. So everything is going ok with your new build I take it?

Cheers.

Thanks

Hehe, its working now. I applied some of the "Thermal Grease" that came with my Zalman CPU cooler.

I am now at 34c idle, and 44c load (at 1100RPM!). It could be better, but these temps are OK imo.

Thanks!

My temps are a little on the high side witha Zalman and Artic Silver

Attachments

• Temperatures.JPG
    Temperatures.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 30
I know i could reduce my temps, it is because my case ambient is 40 degrees.. :S

I got it down to 33 and im then at 30c idle.

More case fans ftw.

IBN, those temps idle? try giving your pc a good dusting... and add more fans if neccesary...

To be honest i am stumped. All my fans are clean. I have 4 case fans and Antec exahaust blower and a Zalman on the CPU!!!

I have just re-applied artic silver to my cpu and the temps are the same.

Ok, some questions (no offense :p):

Have you installed the CPU fan correctly with the heatsink (on the center of the cpu)

How much is your case ambient temp?

Ya I placed the heatsink correctly. I dont know how do get the ambient temperatures, but below I have attached another jpeg but at 100% load.

Attachments

• At 100 percent load.JPG
    At 100 percent load.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 19
57 degrees??!?!?!

Are you using intel or an AMD?

i would suggest not to keep the system running until you find out the problem, not good for your CPU :p

have you tried to open up your case and pointing a house fan at it? maybe it is this with the case ambient temperature...

you could also download the program called "SensorsView 2.1" you will find it under download sections

it will also show the ambient temp.

yeh.. 57`C is probably a lot.. whats it like in the computer room? dry/hot/warm/cold, in the basement, through a hole in the wall, under lots of junk, in a corner, things sitting on the pc etc...?

My aircooling is sitting at 22C (P4 Northwood).

Goes up to 45s at load.

Either way, the lower the better in any case. If you can afford LN2 cooling, go for it! :D

P4 3.2 prescott on my rig is running rite now at 30-32`C (2 browser open, had protools running a few seconds ago..) with stock hsf... so i'd say +-40-45 would be my absolute max with full load...

IBN said:
my temps are a little on the high side witha Zalman and Artic Silver

just a question how do you get those values (cpu temps, mb temps etc.) showing on when your at desktop?

intem said:
just a question how do you get those values (cpu temps, mb temps etc.) showing on when your at desktop?
By using a program such as Everest Home or Speedfan to read the temperatures off the motherboard/cpu/graphics card/etc's sensors.

Although take heed these temps reported could be inaccurate, so just use them for comparison on fluctuations of temps and a general idea of what they are at. BIOS reads (when you boot up and go to BIOS's hardware monitor) and actual temperature probing with a device is the most accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back