Help.. How to get rid of Trojan Horse Backdoor.Generic2.SLC

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post. I do not know if this is the appropriate place to post this so feel free to move it. These viruses I cannot get rid of. AVG detects them but cannot heal them. I have tryed deleting the files that they have infected manually but that doesn't work. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it?

Trojan Horse Backdoor.Generic2.SLC
Trojan Horse PSW.Generic.WNW

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Run a full system scan with AVG and delete whatever it finds.

Reboot into normal mode and turn system restore back on.

Then, go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log as an attachment into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Xauwoo only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I am under the administrator for my PC and when I try to disable System Restore it comes with an error that reads: "System Restore encountered an error trying to enable or disable one or more drives. Restart and try again." I try ed restarting and still same error. Also I dont know how to get a HJT file log thing.

Ok, don`t worry about the system restore at the moment, just do the system scan with AVG in safe mode.

Instructions on where to get and how to use/post a HJT log are in the link I gave you.

Regards Howard :)

Ok my computer is giving me nothing but problems, it has never done this before. I went into the "run" option and started msconfig and made windows start in safe mode. It wont run in safe mode though. It starts to load then says "press esc to cancel" some sort of loading. If I leave it then the computer just restarts. When I try to run windows normally or to last best config it starts to load on the widnows xp screen then it flashes a blue screen for a fraction of a second, and then restarts. Theres nothing I can do to start my computer anymore. I am looking for any suggestions. Sorry to be such a bother. Thanks.

Kory

Oh dear, sorry to hear you`re having major problems.

Whatever viruses you have on your system, it looks like they`ve damaged your OS to such a degree your computer won`t boot.

Try doing a Windows repair as per this thread HERE. If that doesn`t help, then I`m afraid you`re looking at a complete reformat and reinstall.

Regards Howard :(

Well, repairing it did not work. So I completley reformatted my computer. Are there any suggestions of what programs would prevent this? Right now I have AVG, Avir Antivirus, Ad-Adaware SE, Spybot Search and Destroy. I was going to get Zonealarm, but it seems to slow the computer alot and it interferes with somenetworking/gaming. Love to hear some suggetions. Thanks.

Ps. This virus is a nasty. It deleted some files so that you cannont access safemode. It also destroyed the operating system. Maybe there should be a warning somewhere for this virus.

You shouldn`t be running more than one antivirus programme. It will slow your system down and can cause conflicts. keep AVG and get rid of Avir. You should get some firewall software asap. If you don`t like Zonealarm, then the free Kerio firewall from HERE is a good alternative.

In addition to the antispyware apps you already have, I`d suggest Ewido and Spyware Blaster, just Google for these.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back