HELP ! I FDISKed by mistake !

Status
Not open for further replies.

dexterdoo

Is there any way for me to recover my data ? Any programs that will do this ?
I tried Acronis Recovery Expert but it wouldn't do it. Is it even possible ??? Thanks

anythings possible if you have enough money,

did you just delete the partition? or did you create a new one, and format it?

Ok, I did nothing else after I realized that I FDISKed the wrong drive. I didn't format it or anything. The drive was a single partition with Windows '98 and 4GB of data on it. Mainly, I want to get the .dbx files and some photos back. I have a backup of the rest of the drive. Hope this helps. :)

"FDisked" means what? You deleted the primary DOS partition and nothing else?

Recreating the partition table by hand should be all you need. Can be done with the free Ranish partition manager. Any reputable disk recovery package should be able to handle it too.

do not write, delete, or updated anything on that disk. remove it. contact some data recovery outlet. it's expensive. a few hundered $. or take it to your local pc repair shop. they have the tools to do it. or google for "data recovery" and find one that will do what you want. they can even recover data on a disk that has been formatted. good luck.

file scavenger and O&O Disk Recover will find most of all
and again do not write to drive do not install anything to drive.
you can private message me I read them daily

Try http://www.cgsecurity.org/index.html?testdisk.html. TestDisk might solve your problem and it's free. :D Other partition recovery software that I know of is annoyingly expensive.
I also recommend that you try to recover the entire partition first. File recovery software takes literally AGES to complete anything. And I'm talking from experience. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back