HELP!!! i have problems with my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just finished building my new computer about a month ago for the first few weeks i forgot to place the power connection cable on graphic card when i connected the cable it was is working fine but now every time i play a game like battle field 2 theres weird colors fluttering in the background and then its start to freeze but when i play rise of nations it freezes and i cant do nothing but restart my computer this has been happening for a while now can do you think it could be my mother board or my graphics card or because i connected the both ends of the cable.by the way my specs are

AMD athlon x2 4600
1x 512 mb of ram
GeForce 7900 gs
1x 500 gb hard drive
msi k9n4 sli motherboard
500 wat thermaltake power supply

i really need help with this.thanks in advance :grinthumb

Ok well after answering your other questions this new information helps alot, chances are you've damaged your video card and should get it exchanged.

You'll probably need to reset the screen resolution / refresh rate.

Is it an LCD? Widescreen?

Most non widescreen LCD's run at 1280x 1024.

Right click anywhere on the desktop, and it'll bring up a Dialogue box, choose Settings and it's changed there.

Did you replace it with an identical card? If not, you'll need to uninstall the Video drivers {Add Remove programs in control panel}, reboot and install the latest ones for the replacement card.

Try setting the resolution at 1024x768 with a refresh rate of 60hz this should be pretty standard for all lcd even widescreens support it and work it to fill the screen, if it works then start raising the res to what your most comfortable with and the refresh rate might be better at 75hz not sure about that howver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back