Help identifying a bad driver and re-installing it while cpu only works in safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a previous post on here but i figured i'd try again to see if i could figure the problem out myself.....My computer will only work in the safe modes since I installed a program and windows asked me to restart so i did. After restarting, my computer came up with that screen that says "sorry for the inconvenience, but windows did not start properly" Again, I can only go into the safe modes, as trying "Start normally" and "last known good configuration" both just send me back to that same screen....I've been surfing around looking at different forums for an answer and i've tried booting from my xp pro cd but my computer,won't recognize the cd for some reason so it won't allow me to do a repair or anything...it just goes to that same "inconvenience" screen....I've figured out from all my looking around that it's probably just a driver that got messed up or deleted somehow, but I don't know how to identify the one or ones that make it so that normal mode won't work, or where to go to repair/reinstall said driver(s)...I know how to locate the ntbtlog.txt file and looked at it, but the log is only for my safe mode boot up...maybe there is a way to look at the last normal mode boot log??? I'm not sure....so anyone who can help, or knows anything that COULD help, please....HELP....thanks very much in advance...

In order to boot from your Windows cd, you will need to make sure that your boot priority is set in bios. It should be set to Floppy(a) cd-rom(d) Hdd(c).

Once you have set it, save and exit bios with your Windows cd already in your cd drive.

Then follow the instructions in THIS post.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back