Help identifying radeon 9600

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazy_duz_em

Hello all..
When i bought my computer my video card was rated ATI Radeon 9600Pro.First i thought every thing is ok but i doubt it's a pro because it is 400mhz/400mhz and if i let the drivers auto instal it instals Ati Radeon 9600 series (non pro).
But to make things even more complicated Everest detects my video card as Ati Radeon 9600 XT (RV360).
So anyone knows what could be the problem?

Don't worry about the fact that windows just says ATI Radwon 9600 series. Just says that because all of the Radeons use the same drivers in windows and it doesn't really matter if you have just a 9600, 9600Pro, or 9600XT. Although you should just go with the auto installed drivers that windows xp puts in there. Get the latest ones from ATI.

I would say that if Everest says your card is a 9600XT that is most likely what you got in there. Which is good because if I remember right the XT's are better then the Pro's so you actually have a little bit of a better card that you thought you were getting.

Where are you getting those numbers that it should be 500/600. Only things I found is that they 9600XT are 400/500 which is what my card is showing up at in my machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back