HELP .................. IE 6 Driving me Mad

Status
Not open for further replies.
right here goes... my internet explorer 6.whatever is driving me mad..

ive tried popup stoppers and they dont work....

i keep getting a popup for a seat leon.. and one for ebay... then there is this other one that sometimes comes along... it totally freezes internet explorer..

i have had them for a while now and they are driving me up the wall... today ive done the service pack update for ie.. ive deleted cookies and web pages.. ive ran the spy sweeper cleaned outt eh garbage and still they wont go away... a few weeks ago i uninstalled ie hopign that would cure it and nope that didnt work... anyone got any other solution other than send ebay their pop ups back with a nasty message..(not sure how to do that )

oh well i give up.... solutions... good ones needed... no hammers please casue i cant be bothered cleaning up the mess i would make with it

Shelly

BTW I'm running XP Pro

well i use the google toolbar and it seems to kill all my popups... all too well sometimes. So id say try that and see if it helps. If not try using different spyware and adware cleaners like ad-aware and spybot. I hope this helps.

Sounds like you got some spyware that is causing this. Give Spybot or Adaware, or both a try and see what they find.

Yes it almost appears to be those save now ads. I have seen these many a time. You said you have run spy sweeper, but give adaware and spybot a try like Stormbring has suggested. That "should" take care of the problem. If not post back and let us know.

BTW,
:wave: Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

Have a look at this thread and introduce yourself to everyone :)

Are you using MSN as your provider, or other email provider that requires Internet Explorer? If not, You will become a happy camper with Firefox 2.0 and Thunderbird, as they eliminate this junk.
Otherwise, It sounds as if you need a first class antivirus and antispyware system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back