Help! I'm being hijacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdaarke

I'm getting a ton of pop-ups, and my computer has slowed down considerably. My HJT log is attached.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    8 KB · Views: 5
Your system is infected with several nasties.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard )

This thread is for the use of kdaarke only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

kitty500cat said:
Never mind this post. Howard and I posted at the same time.

Go ahead Howard :)

No problem mate. Please see the pm I sent you.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of kdaarke only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Download Vundofix from HERE.

Double click the Vundofix.exe to run it.

Right click in the vundofix window and click add files.

Enter the full file path/s to the files you want Vundofix to delete and click the add files button, followed by the close window button. Click the remove vundo button and let Vundofix do it`s stuff.

This is the filepath you need to enter into Vundofix.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\mpubervb.dll

Post a fresh HJT log after doing the above.

Your HJT log is now clean.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following inactive entry, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {E03C740E-BB24-4d3c-B92A-6F84DE1DD99C} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\mpubervb.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

Reboot your system.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back