Help! Keyboard mess up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjbrand99

For some reason, some llittle language toolbar jobbie has appeared in the bottom right. Clicking close the toolbar does nothing and the settings say that it should not be there. Now i have noticed things on my keyboard e.g: when i press ctrl + (,@) it gives me " and i have to use ctrl + (2) to get it? what is goin on help!
Is it because i recently installed IE 7 (only because my firefox recently went screwy and re-installing it did squat!)

Hi Sjbrand99,

Go >Control Panel >Regional and Language Options and set it for your Area and OK your way out.

mickzer.

mickzer got it. Sounds like you're KB has switched from UK to US English (or vice versa). On those the @ and " symbols swap places (among other things).

You can right-click the language symbol on your task bar (presumably marked EN) and go to Settings. From there you can set your own lang as default and remove the ones you don't need.

Good luck!

Soz 4 the double post but i managed to go into a load of settings n change it. In some options there are 2 options... and they are 2 keyboards us english n uk eng. i think. I remember changing them cos i thought they might get rid of the lang. bar ... oops! please help.

Hi again Sjbrand99,

Yes, the Language Bar will remain on the taskbar as long as you have a choice of keyboards. Go back to where you were and delete whichever one you don't want. That should get rid of it???

mickzer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back