HELP!! Laptop fried, need data from Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks. I hope someone on here can help me. As normal I've been searching all over this site for my answer but on this occasion can't find it!
My laptop had a major power problem which was not repairable, and has now been replaced. I kept my hard drive as I have alot of info on there that is very important to me. A friend has a similar laptop to my fried one so I assumed if I connected the hard drive to it that I could save the data to a stick drive, but alas it wouldn't boot up with my drive in there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping now to connect it somehow to my desktop and recover the data that way - is that even possible? - Thanks for reading this.

Hello, carlty, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, you can get a 2.5 to 3.5" converter so that you can connect your hard drive to your desktop pc as a slave drive and then copy your data off of it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back