Help LOL, !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hal3246

First, I'll add, pop ups are evil!! and all those uninvited installs, anyways, down to business.

These nasty critters somehow messed up my pc and I decided it would be smart to reinstall. I had previously installed my copy of windows that a friend had given me, it obviously worked, key is fine. First time, I already had windows installation on the hard and I loaded the windows installer just fine, rebooted and then went into the windows installation process, reformatted, blah blah blah.

Anyways, this time, I was having troubles just getting into one name and went under another, did the same thing, got the updated installer files that it showed, rebooted and went into the windows installation process, reformatted and started to install, and that was when I got some wierd error message, I wish I had the exact message, I'll try to get it later on my old HDD and see if it'll give it to me again.

Anyways, since this error message was preventing me, I had thought maybe purchasing a new HDD would pix my problem, nope. I followed the instructions, made sure the cables were in place, jumper was set to master or single drive, before I had installed the new HDD, I had removed my old one and put the new HDD driver utility into the cd drive and shut it down and then continued to proceed to install the ney HDD.

After the HDD was alset and got the message that I could install an OS or reinstall now, I inserted my windows xp pro disk and rebooted, went into the bios, made sure that the boot priority was set to cd dvd drive first and rebooted again.

All I got was this NTDLR is missing, press ALT + CTRL + DEL to restart.

One more question, is it possible to have a non-bootable win xp pro disk?

Would anyoneo have any suggestions on how I could get my windows product onto the hd and boot? I'm kind of in a bind right now, LOL.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back