help me find the right printer driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
This is the second time I've posted on the Net, so please forgive any bloopers!
I am desperate to find a driver for my (1989) Apple LaserWriter II (Model M6000.) It has worked with my Windows 98 PC for many years, but recently I had to erase hard disk and install Windows 2000. It seems perhaps it won't run on 2000 and I'll have to go back and do it all over again and revert to 98. But does anybody know? Is this possible? I love my printer and don't want to get rid of it. Thanks sooo much for any help!

Karenina

Win2000 has many drivers for Apple LaserWriter II as standard.
Go to Start/Settings/Printers and click on "Add Printer".
Select local printer on LPT1, then Apple, with the most likely candidate, Apple Writer II NTX, which supports Postscript I. You may need your Setup-CD.
Your specific model is not on the list, but you may be lucky.

Hi, RealBlackStuff!
Thanks so much for your reply! Unfortunately, I had already checked the printers listed under the "Add Printer" on Windows 2000. The technician had selected LaserWriterIINTXv. 47 and also had tried v.51.8. Neither one worked. That is to say, it will print in limited and odd ways, like a maximum of four pages, nothing from pdf, other strange formatting, etc. My cable requires a "com" serial port, that that had always worked with Win 98. Any other ideas?
Thanks again!
Karenina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back