Help Me My Computer is Possessed by the Devil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possessed Computer: My Documents (Not Responding) problem

Hi, Iv never done a forum or joined any sort of online communities before, but im in need of some desperate help! To my embarrassment I have limited computer know-how so please bear with me when im trying to explain what is happening to my computer.

Il give you a quick run through of the stuff I have tried because I have a felling Iv messed things up even more.

As I browsed through My Documents my computer used to freeze.
I would hit ctrl-alt-del to pull up Task Manager and the folders would say (Not Responding).
So I then closed down the folders- which seemed to restart everything else including the stuff in the bottom right hand toolbar.
My Norton Anti Virus used to not restart however from time to time or come on when I switched on the computer. And when I tried opening it, it would never open.
After speaking to a friend we tried a few things to see if the computer had a virus. He checked some of the processes that were running and played around with something in RUN (cant remember exact name) which affects the processes
After that he uninstalled Norton, and installed Avast 4.7 antivirus
He also installed Windows Defender, Outpost Firewall, and Ccleaner

I thought this would help locate the problem, but my computer has gone completely mental now!
Icons have disappeared from the Start Menu
Itunes says it is not installed properly when I open it
My documents crashes almost every time I try and access files, which means I have to restart my computer every two minutes
A Folder and Warning also pops up when I switch the computer on saying System 32 (this folder contains files that keep your system working properly. You should not modify its contents.)

All of this is a bit scary for me because I have a final year project to finish for university, and 3 years design work is on this computer! If my computer crashes now I will not graduate as a Product Designer. If you have any ideas please help.

Thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

In addition to the instructions provided by rik, would you also attach an AVG Antispyware log as well as the HJT log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of PossessedComp only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back