Help Me!!! Spyware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_iDunno

Okay...I have no idea how this happened..
but I got these pop-ups advertising spyware products saying im infected...I press ctrl-alt-delete and I realize I had two programs I didnt know running....which were mssearchnet.exe and nvctrl.exe. so what I did was I ran my ad-aware and norton virus scans and it didnt really work....so I booted the computer ion safe-mode and manually deleted mssearchnet.exe and nvctrl.exe. but then I noticed there were two other files with those same names included in the file name that are located in d:/windows/prefetch....so I cut the two files, placed them in another folder and deleted them there....The Problem: my IE does not work...as soon as I start it up it says "spyware has been detected, buy this product"....even though I use mozilla firefox as my usual browser I still need my IE for other things.....I have no idea what else I can do....any recommendations? I've attached my hijackthis log as well...thanks..

also can you guys recommend products for my pc?
for performance, virus and spyware protection....ect
I heard pestcontrol is the best...is it true?

Attachments

• hijackthis2.txt
    8.5 KB · Views: 6
Adaware and Spybot do the trick.
Dump that Symantec/Norton bloatware and get free AVG from http://free.grisoft.com

See this post for locations:
Read: How to remove Begin2Search/Coolwebsearch and Other Nasties

First Read: Only use these HJT-instructions when asked!
/P/ Process needs to be stopped
/S/ Service needs to be stopped
/U/ UNinstall anything to do with this
/R/ unRegister the xxx.DLL in that line
The text between the dotted lines underneath goes between the dotted lines of that post.
Make sure to follow ALL instructions, and in HJT tick/fix ALL lines!
...................................................................................................
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
/P/ O2 - BHO: HomepageBHO - {3bf1f86f-b1a8-489b-8d8b-43781d51411f} - D:\WINDOWS\system32\hpE3C8.tmp
O3 - Toolbar: MSN Search Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - D:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\TB\02.05.0000.1082\en-us\msntb.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - D:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll (file missing)
/U/ O8 - Extra context menu item: Download all by Free Download Manager - file://D:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\dlall.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download by Free Download Manager - file://D:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\dllink.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download selected by Free Download Manager - file://D:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\dlselected.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download web site by Free Download Manager - file://D:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\dlpage.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
Fix ALL your O16 - DPF: entries
O20 - Winlogon Notify: style32 - D:\WINDOWS\
O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - Unknown owner - %ProgramFiles%\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe" -d -f "%ProgramFiles%\WinPcap\rpcapd.ini (file missing)
...................................................................................................

Go to www.stardownloader.com and get the free version of Stardownloader

those of u who think that free download manager is spyware/adware are the biggest noobs and fools of the universe,free download manager contains no spyware/adware,only if u dloaded it from sites other than the official site http://www.freedownloadmanager.org,u get spyware/adware trust me i have it i run all scans on it,till date no virus/spyware/adware/malware detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back