HELP!! Monitor Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a new monitor fast.

I narrowed it down to the 21"Viewsonic 220F,

or the 21"Sony G520.

If ANYONE has any reviews, id like to hear them. The Sony is about $100 more.

Well ususally Sony makes a better product and that is what you are paying the extra money for, but I have not personally used either of these monitors.

BTW :wave: Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

I have actual experience with the G520 - one of our forum members, Deus, has one and I must say it's a gorgeous CRT. I haven't used the 220F though so I'm not sure I can really compare the two. I can say that I seriously doubt you will be unhappy with the G520.

I've never been happy with Viewsonic image quality. Samsung, Sony and NEC/Mitsubishi make nice monitors though.

Hey, thanks for the replies. I was courious of the Viewsonic because it is .21 dot pitch, and $100 less than the SONY.
Never heard a bad word about Sonys though. Basically noone has seen/used the 220F. makes you go Hmmmmmm.....

If you ask me, Sony is the best/top of the line when it comes to moniters. Followed by NEC/Mitsubishi then Samgsung.

Off topic a tiny bit, has anyone looked at the samsung LCD panels? Ever notice the funny yellow tinting to everything?? yuck....

I have a samsung lcd - can't see the funny yellow tinting you're talking about. I've got a 191T

Oh really? all the ones in Best Buy have a funny yellowish tint, all the others are crisp and clear, maybe they are cheap models or something....

Maybe they just have the color temperature set to 6500 or lower? If you are into the blueish 9k K colors, just look around in the menus.

I love my Sony G520. Very nice monitor. I also bought 2 for work. I haven't seen any Viewsonic monitors that are under 4 years old, so I won't comment on them.

Well, I know the Sony is more, but the testimony is incerdible. I think I med up my mind because Newegg has it for $562!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back