HELP! My 1st HP Deskjet 3847 refill doesn't print RED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth3si

Help! I just refilled my HP DESKJET 3847 (ink cartridges 27 and 28) for the first time right after the ink levels were shown low and the red does not print at all! Only the yellow, blue and black ink shows. Everytihng was printing perfectly fine until I refilled it. Is it possible that there might be air bubbles inside the RED channel or something blocking it from the REd from going out? Or I refilled it too quickly? Whatever the cause is, can there be a solution to solve this problem?

I already did all the "cleaning Cartridge" tests and procedures both from the software setup and physically as well with the q-tip dabbed with warm water and rubbing alcohol. i even used my lexmark rubber nozzle to suck out some ink, even though it was too small for the HP cartridge, some ink did eventually go out and the RED printed for a while but about half page it just faded away into YELLOW.

Does anyone know an alternative solution into fixing this? Thank you for your time.

**EDIT**: When I was sucking out the ink several times, sometimes it would be blue, red, yellow, and green. All in all, there would always be bubbles bubbling up in the syringe. Should that be normal?

Sounds like a faulty cartridge....You will probably have to replace it or exchange it for another new one.

thanks for the quick reply.. FYI, it's the factory cartridge that came with printer. So I didn't buy it separately.

well i guess i ahve to get a new one then.

Thats the problem with refilling cartridges. Sometimes you wont get the exact good quality, even if it does come up with the same colour as the printer expects it. Try a different brand of refill kits, or one of those "professionaly" refilled cartridges.

But if your printer hasn't passed its warranty period (usualy 1 yr), i'd suggest sticking to genuine untill its over.. they usualy wont accept the printer if something goes wrong with those cartridges in there, and just blame that...

OK as you all know i'v already refilled the current cartridge i'm using and i was just getting as much ink as i can get for my projects for the remaining life of the cartridge before i trash it. i'm noticing here the quality is lighter than usual now that the ink is getting really low --- and I believe that is normal if it's low on ink, RIGHT? Also, I'm getting white streaks, is THAT suppose to be normal if it's low on ink? I want to make doubly sure what I am seeing here so that, in the future when I'm getting low on ink for my new cartridge, I can discern the condition of the cartridge.

Never used much refilled kits myself, but all in all those white streaks doesn't sound too good anyhow..

If red is not working but all others are, you will need to replace the black cardridge. Black makes up a large part of red and if there is no black, there is no red.

Hope this helps,

regards,

Korrupt

korrupt said:
If red is not working but all others are, you will need to replace the black cardridge. Black makes up a large part of red and if there is no black, there is no red.

Hope this helps,

regards,

Korrupt
there's black and it works better than ever :)

N3051M said:
Never used much refilled kits myself, but all in all those white streaks doesn't sound too good anyhow..
according to the HP website's user guide, if I get white streaks it's either low on ink or you need to clean the cartridge by either using the program's "Clean cartridge" function or manually cleaning the areas around the nozzle plates BUT NOT the nozzle plate itself. On the other hand, refill kits instructions say clean the nozzle plates with alcohol if there are white streaks or clean the contacts on the cartridge AND on the printer carriage with water or alcohol. I did all and still white streaks. Could the HP 28 be out of life on one usage? If so I'll see if the new one prints red at all.

Hey! Guess what --- I fixed it! The red now prints and there's no more streaks. HEHE. Glad I didn't smash it or I would have to buy another one. Thanks to the tech support from D' Printers Ink. Hooray!

Steps to fix red ink not printing?

Hi I tried to reach out to D printer but was not able to get hold off any one what specific instructions did they provide to resolve the red ink not printing?

Thanks.

well have you tried the following?
-use the genuine stuff and see if it works
-do a printer head clean with the printer's software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back