HELP! My Audio is not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bell1313

Ok.
So I have a Realtek AC'97 audio driver which is built onto the system. For the past month now, I have been receiving difficuties with my speakers and headphones. I do not beleive its anything to do with the speakers or headphones, but, all i can hear from the headphones is crackling, when the computer is turned on. I have tried reinstalling the driver, updating it. I have done everything. I don't know what else to do.
Do you think i need a new sound driver?
Thanks in advance,
James Bell

Penis Growth Patch Rx

Why be an average guy any longer
Separate yourself from other men
She will love you more than any other guy
Beware of fake pills
Avoid enhancement pills
Don't be left out, join millions of men in the revolution
Penis Growth Patch Rx

ignore that guy, he's spamming. Try to upgrade the sound driver from the manufactors website. They might have an updated driver for you to try!

Thankyou

Thankyou, but i have tried that, twice actually, and the downloads took about half an hour each.

Bell

Wow cykablja...wait til the mods get to you. A quick delete of post and permanent ban should set you straight.. :haha:

Bell1313, it would help if you tell us the rest of your computer's specs, especially the motherboard's model + brand. Maybe we can find some drivers you havn't tried yet...
It sounds like you have eliminated the possibility of bad drivers though

Before anything else, make sure that your volume control is not muted :D

Do you have Realtek software that comes with your drivers? For me, I have Realtek HD Audio Manager on my taskbar which controls volume and everything else involving audio. You must select the correct device that you plug in (select headphones for headphones, select line out for speakers, etc.) on the Realtek audio manager.

Can you try your headphones / speakers on another computer and confirm they work?

Another possibility is that the integrated audio on your mobo has ceased to function correctly. If you can get a sound card, install it in your system and then check if the audio from the sound card works.

Good luck :)

PS: Welcome to Techspot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back