Help! My computer and video card needs all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, all

My computer crashes when I try to play Battlefield 2 and Guild Wars. When I get into one or the other game my video card crashes right away and puts dashes of color across the screen, then my computer freezes and i have to shut the power supply off
Sometimes it restarts by it self and has an error report message saying that a serious error occured (or something like that) and asking me to send the report.

I was wondering if maybe this forum would have something that might help like the under clocking. https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic27794.html

I think it might have something to do with it being to hot.

Could someone please tell me how to check the GPU temp.

Motherboard: ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe
Video Card: ASUS Extreme N6800GT

Please help! :confused:

Yes do what that forum said and your problema would go away. :grinthumb :grinthumb

Sebastian :darth:

FutureComputer said:
I think it might have something to do with it being to hot.

Could someone please tell me how to check the GPU temp.

Motherboard: ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe
Video Card: ASUS Extreme N6800GT

Corey Stevens
You should be able to check your temps in the nVidia control panel on a 6800GT. It might be your temps causing your problems, but my 6800GT runs pretty hot with no problems when playing games. It runs about 55c at idle and 65-70 under load when playing games, and I only have the stock cooler. If it is running hotter than it should you might need to add a case fan or two to improve air flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back