Help! My computer won't go through Windows XP repair process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

unknownzero

Today I decided to repair my Windows XP Pro install because of some corrupt windows files, and probabal collisions with Audigy 2 ZS drivers. When I do the repair it stops at Registering Components (13 minutes remaining), and I think it goes idle beyond that.

I've read the whole thing, and I already knew all that stuff. Nothing wrong with the rest of it, I installed XP on the other drive, and it works but I have none of my apps.

I notice you said that you think that there`s maybe a conflict with the Audigy drivers. Have you tried uninstalling the drivers, or maybe even disabling the sound card itself, and then trying a repair?

Regards Howard

No it was only EAX 4.0 was not being recognized, and I fixed it, but it does have some wierd collissions when it comes to DVD's. But im way more concerned about getting my Windows XP working.

I`m sorry but, other than a reformat and reinstall I don`t know what else to suggest.

Maybe someone else here will have some other suggestions.

Regards Howard

Do you know what Registering Components means? Im wondering if it means re-entering all the registry, and installing the software.

Good news, I decided to modify the repair setup, and I got through it in about an hour of wait. But it was because of some problems in IE, and corupt dll's, not to mention using the wrong XP CD :/

unknownzero,

You stated,

"Good news, I decided to modify the repair setup, and I got through it in about an hour of wait. But it was because of some problems in IE, and corupt dll's, not to mention using the wrong XP CD :/"

I'm having an issue where I'm doing an XP repair add it hangs at the device checking screen. I waited for 12 hours and nothing happen beyond the 35 minutes left. My question is how did you modify the repair setup?

I'm having an issue where I'm doing an XP repair add it hangs at the device checking screen. I waited for 12 hours and nothing happen beyond the 35 minutes left. My question is how did you modify the repair setup?

i'm having this problem too, just bumping this thread - any updates unknownzero?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back