HELP my dvd player in my computer is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD64

my dvd player all of a sudden wouldnt open up today so i had to use a pin to open using the emergeny thingy on it i did that a few times then it started working again than later it started not opening up again but it would close when i pressed the button but would not open up. i stuck my finger bewteen it before it closed and it opended back up again but when it closes it wont open up so i have to use the pin to put it in the emergency hole and it opens

can you tell me whats going on here is it dying on me or is is a faulty part it is a lot less than a year old and it is in a dell system and i think it is still underwarranty so would the dvd player be under warranty or do i have to buy a new one or what

Double check the connection to your PSU to be sure, but it sounds like a dying drive to me. Call up the Dell boys and get yerself a nice new one. The beauty of warranties!

DonNagual said:
Double check the connection to your PSU to be sure, but it sounds like a dying drive to me. Call up the Dell boys and get yerself a nice new one. The beauty of warranties!

k thanks for the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back