Help! My games are not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
When installing autorun window doesnt show

I'm trying to install Sims 2 Pets. When I put it into my computer nothing pops up so I go to Start, Run, and enter D:\Autorun.exe. A little box pops up and says I need to put a disk in my drive, but Sims2 Pets is already in there. Can anyone help me?

When ever I try to install or play one of my Sims 2 games nothing pops up to install it or a little box appears saying I need to put the game in the drive. Problem is the game is already in the drive. I've tried autorun.exe, it doesn't work. I've looked to see if I had anything like nero, but I don't. Why aren't my games working? Someone please help, I would really like to play my games again.

Hmm

Your CD-Rom Drive does detect the Sims 2 Disk then. First of all, to make sure it is not broken, try using any other CD, and see if it picks it up. If it does, clean your Sims 2 Cd, insert it, then open up "My Computer" in the start menu, locate your Cd-Rom drive, click it, and hit enter. it should run. On the other hand, if it does not detect any other CD's , then I believe your CD-Rom drive is broken.

PS: Most Cd-Rom Drives are E. I hope this solves your problem. If it dosen't, post and I will try to help you.

Yes like the above i agree...make sure all wires are connected as well and check in device manager

The disk is brand new. I know it works because I tried it on my sisters computer. Other CD's work in the drive so I don't think its broken. What do you mean most Cd-Rom drives are E?

E

Open up my computer, look for the E drive, click it, and hit enter. What I mean when I say most CD Drives are E is that almost every CD Rom drive is the E drive in my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back