HELP! My headset is acting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

geno2k3

Hi

Im using a Logitech premium stereo headset. (close spelling)

Im a gamer, i play COD2 and for those who do not play that game, it is very important that you have a headset and a good soundcard. Well latley my headset has been acting wierd, one speaker goes out (the left one) if i leave the cord in a certain way. It has nothing to do with the jack or anything (the cord is attached to the right speaker thats also where the mic is too. If i leave the cord in a certain way and the left speaker goes out i have to shape it and bend it to make the left one produce sound. This might be from me chewing on the cord LOL yeah its a tendancy of mine. There is no visable damage on the outside. You can understand how annoying this can get when your right ear is the only thing getting sound and especialy when your gaming. Thanks alot, hope you can help.

BTW: i bought it from bestbuy and i have the 2 year warrenty thing and i've already returned these to them for the same reason. The warrenty ends in december and i still have a chance to return these again. Just wondering if thers a way i could fix them before i do (in a couple of months, and yeah i wont chew on the cord anymore)

the headset cord is obviously damaged

i wouldn't recommend chewing on your cord, although i doubt that it caused the issue if you say that you didn't actually chew threw it

headset wires are usually very thin. this makes them very easy to damage by simply pulling at the wire. you may not mean to do it, but it does happen. this is the most likely cause.

you may be able to locate the break by where you have to "shape it". if it is close to the jack, then you can just chop the wire a little before the break, and install a new jack. otherwise i would replace the headset (if i worked at bestbuy, i would not let you return a headset that you chewed through. hahahaha)

chewing wires is something that i scold my dog for doing because he doesn't know any better. usually humans know better, but i guess there are always exceptions.. haha j/k :D

hehe its like chewing on a pencil i guess, i dont know. Well i know its not the jack becouse i can manipulate the part of the cord thats near the headset and it will fix it. There are no chew marks or anything, i havent been pulling at, is it possible that me chewing on it broke the inner wires? Thanks for helpin me btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back