Help: my PC screams bloody hell!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

afterall

it happened a week or so, everytime i turned the PC on with just only one or two program (like firefox n acdsee...) then it started to scream.... sounds like a train running by my house or someone is drilling on the wall next door kind of sound...

i checked and theres nothing run in the background... and i really wanna smash it into pieces with all the screaming but i just can't...

any help pls?

Perhaps you can open the PC and look inside to trace the source of the noise. It might be one of the fans like the CPU fan. If so, it might indicate an overheating CPU maybe due to the heatsink coming loose from the CPU.

What? I'm confused. Is the sound coming from your computer case..or you speakers?

this happens to me occasionally does it do it just for a few seconds when you turn it on ?

the sound came from the case, not the speakers. and it goes on for a while and whenever i open something it comes back again...

i will look into the fan and see whats up. thanks a lot mailpup

Just be careful about what you stick into a fan to stop it running (to see if it stops the noise!) Best bet is a soft clean paintbrush.
If not a fan then the next best bet is an overheat alarm - tell us what you find.

Also, if you haven't opened the PC for awhile, there could be a lot of dust to clean out. Could be the CPU and/or graphics card heatsink/fan are clogged with dust. That could cause overheating and cause the fans to run at full speed.

Probably a fan or thermal warning. Yesterday I had this happen to me because I forgot to plug in the molex connector to my 7800GS, I doubt this is your problem though, but its possible if your card requires extra power the power cord worked loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back